Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Semi-Nomad???

I travel to La Porte, IN every week for my internship. I'm a graphic designer, and for the most part I work at home. I realize I travel a long way from sweet home Chicago.

Every Monday, I wake up at 5:00 AM and get dressed for work. By 6:00 AM, I'm on the bus toward the loop. I get my Amtrak ticket from the "quick-trak" kiosk by 7:10 AM and get seated. I relax on the train and sleep until I arrive in New Buffalo, MI. New Buffalo, MI is a quaint town on the border of Michigan and Indiana. I haven't had a chance to explore it yet, because as soon as I arrive my ride comes and we ride 15 minutes to La Porte. About 4:45 PM I get on the Shore-Line back to Chicago.

I was sheltered as a child and had a year where I barely left my house with yellow awnings on the south side of the city. Traveling to work gives me a sense of boldness and adventure that I had been seeking for so many years. Working in LaPorte is beautiful, and I wonder how I got a chance to travel to such a beautiful place. La Porte is a small town with horses and farmland, even a vineyard! My job's main building is a big white barn. It's a sight to see for a city gal.

I know for sure, I gotta explore New Buffalo, MI and La Porte, IN more. Both are so cute! I'll rent a car with my mom for a quick get away. I'll do it before school starts again.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to find another artist on http://cheaprvliving.com I think there are several of us. I look forward to seeing more of your blogs and some artwork.
    Dragonfly from http://littlesanitee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I believe you are right. There are other artists on the forums. Reading the blogs, makes me want to blog more. I've got some new work that I'm excited to post so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete