Sunday, December 18, 2011

Looking for vans!

School is finally out! I passed my classes, (I am confident about that). Just casually, I have been looking for small RVs or vans to buy. But with the new year coming, I feel more of an urgency to get this job done. I plan on ultimately go full-time and live on the road. I realize if I am going to do this, I better get to it. The last few weeks have involved a lot of phone calls and some disappointments, but I am committed to the process.

To make this all smoother, I realized I needed to up my budget. I've seen a few vehicles already, they look waaaaay different from the photos or how the owner describes them over the phone. They were really rusty, or had bad upholstery, or the gears didn't shift! It was getting crazy. The vehicles weren't meeting my expectations. Then I realized, I have to reevaluate what I want from the vans. After that I decided, if I up budget I can get what I want.

So I got one more round of vans to go before Christmas. I hope I can find what I want before I go back to school in the spring.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer Im in the same boat(or van?) as you. Not quite there but almost have the monies saved for a van and savings to go with it. Im looking too and see a few I like but not quite there. Soon ...patience prevails. Good luck with finding your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Tippy. I was getting a little discouraged at first. But you're right patience is the way to go. Good luck with your search too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might best to look for a van outside of the snowbelt, Try florida or arizona if you have a month or so before school starts you can fly out or get a ride share to where ever and drive it back I personally bought mine on ebay in LA in caught a ride there from Texas, good luck I'll keep an eye out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David! I just wish I could go now. I'm helping to take care of my brother so my travel range is limited. I will definitely keep that in mind. I decided to give myself some more time too. Its hard to do much of anything with the holidays. I think my search will be better once Xmas comes and goes.

    ReplyDelete